There are several ways to reduce page load time:
- Send us e-mail on the pages that seem to take
longer than average to load. Please include:
- The page name.
- The type of computer you are using and
- The name of your Web Browser and its
- Most browsers give you the option of not loading
images. This will significantly reduce the time it takes
to load pages from our Web Site.
- In Netscape Navigator 2.0, turn off the
option to auto load images under the
- In Microsoft's Internet Explorer 2.0,
- Choose View.
- Choose Options.
- Choose Appearance
- Turn off the option to show
- In the IBM Web Explorer 1.01, turn off
the option to load graphics under the
- If you do not have one of these browsers,
the procedure to stop your browser from loading
images should be similar. Consult your browser's
documentation or on-line help.
Note: The return button below functions only if you do not see green buttons at the top
and bottom of your screen.
Return to Help Topics.
NC Dept. of Correction.
Research & Planning.
Revised: July 18, 2007.