and Planning Links
of Correction Links
-Putting Inmates to Work
-Division of Prisons
-Division of Adult Probation and Parole
-Division of Alcohol and Chemical
- For Crime Victims
- The Death Penalty
The Corrections Futures
project was devised
with two primary objectives:
- To create a department wide planning document.
Consisting of Strategic Planning and a functions
- To institutionalize planning throughout the
Department of Correction
To achieve these objectives a Futures Steering
Committee and four Regional Planning teams were formed.
They addressed trends and policies facing the department
in the 21st Century.
of North Carolina
of State Personnel
- General Information
Institute of Justice
- Federal Bureau of Investigation- Federal
Bureau of Prisons
- National Center for Juvenile Justice
Planning activities included:
- Examing the Department's mandates and mission
- Identifying expectations from stakeholders
including court officials, victims, and community
- Establishing a common vision of success
- Analyzing trends and developing scenarios for the
- Assessing how the Department functions
- Developing priority strategies for achieving the
- Translating strategies into action plans and
- Monitoring the department's movement toward
The first phase of the plan was to create a Strategic
planning document for the entire department. This was
completed in late 97 and was distributed to all
employees. Copies of "Pathways to Corrections
Future" are available for new employees.
The second phase of implementation of the planning
document was completed in the fall of 1998 and review is
an ongoing process.
The Strategic Planning document has been distributed
department wide. A copy in PDF format is available please
use the publications page on this web site.